Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Modular Helmet Review - I don't like modular helmets

Modular Helmet Review - I don't like modular helmets
In fact, {the Vemar Jiano EVO TC is} a pretty good helmet, flip-front or otherwise.


I don’t test a lot of flip-front helmets. That’s because I personally don’t like them, and that means pretty much every one I do try out I’m going to give a poor review. I don’t like that they are heavy, awkwardly balanced and noisy.

I’ll wear flip-ups, so I can write intelligently about them, but I subject them to the same standards I expect from full-facers.

*Click Image for Larger View*

In fact, it’s a pretty good helmet, flip-front or otherwise. The outer shell (which comes in two different sizes to cover the 6 helmet sizes, XS-XXL) is a Kevlar/carbon/fiberglass composite, reshaped for better aerodynamics.

The Jiano TC is a stylish and well-made piece of gear. The finish is good and the fit, finish and attention to detail are noticeable. You won’t mistake it for a higher-priced helmet, but it’s also no cheapie.

My matte-black Jiano TC fit me pretty well. MotoNation calls it a “mid-oval” shape, and I felt some pressure on the crown of my head, but it broke in within 50 miles.


*Click Image for Larger View*

On the road, the Jiano TC didn’t really feel like a flip-up helmet to me. That’s because it’s the quietest and least drafty flip-front I can remember testing. No whistling noises, no breezes tickling my face. The visor seals well and is distortion-free (it’s claimed anti-fog, but it works as well as the other “anti-fog” faceshields I’ve tested). The internal sunscreen is good. It’s easy to deploy and retract and offers a variety of positions to even accommodate guys like my cousin David, who has a large (but very handsome) nose. The visor isn’t tinted enough to ride with directly into the sun, but it beats sunglasses—or having to carry an extra shield for when the sun goes down.

Read the Entire Article on the Jiano EVO TC @ http://www.motorcycledaily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment