Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vemar Eclipse Helmet Review

Vemar Eclipse Helmet Review - Webbikeworld.com

Summary

The Vemar Eclipse has been revised for 2011 and it has Snell (2005) approval in addition to meeting DOT, ECE and BSI safety standards.

As the top-of-the-range Vemar helmet, the Eclipse has a host of interesting features, including a very comfortable liner, specially designed cheek pads and excellent ventilation.

*Click Image for Larger View*

The Eclipse was and is the "flagship" helmet in the Vemar lineup and, as such, it has all the bells and whistles one would expect.

Vemar may not be as well known to motorcyclists as some of the more familiar brands, but the company has always made some pretty interesting helmets and one of the nice things about it is that the helmets are all hand made in Italy.

*Click Image for Larger View*

The new Eclipse has several interesting features, some of which are different -- perhaps bordering on quirky -- but I will say that this has become my favorite helmet due to its combination of outstanding comfort, excellent ventilation and visibility and good looks (especially in this highly visible "Metha Red" graphic).

*Click Image for Larger View*

Score: I'll give the Vemar Eclipse an "Excellent" rating for quality, paint and graphics. The paint isn't perfect, with a few minor flaws and dust bumps showing on close inspection. But the solid feel of the helmet and the comfortable interior makes up for it. See the Summary Table at the bottom of the page for a description of our rating system

Score: I'll give the Vemar Eclipse an "Outstanding" rating for superior comfort and liner materials, padding and fit for my head shape

*Click Image for Larger View*

Score: I'll give the Eclipse an "Outstanding" rating for visibility but I will drop this to a "Very Good" rating for the operation and sealing of the face shield.

Score: I'll give the ventilation system of the Vemar Eclipse an "Excellenet" rating.


*Click Image for Larger View*

Score: I'll give the Vemar Eclipse a "Neutral" rating for its relatively heavy weight but with good overall balance.

Conclusion

The revised Vemar Eclipse has a few quirks, but not enough in my opinion to overwhelm its inherent goodness. This is one comfortable helmet and it fits me perfectly. I especially like the design of the cheek pads, which feel like they were custom-fitted to my cheeks. This helps reduce the feeling of the helmet's weight.

I also very much like the style and design of the Eclipse, especially in the Meth Red colors shown here. The bottom line is that the new Vemar Eclipse is my current favorite helmet and I can heartily recommend it to motorcyclists with a neutral or slightly narrow head shapes.

Read the Entire Article @ Webbikeworld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment